Thursday, March 21, 2013

Make ANY shade of nail polish you want!

Recently, I was trying out nail art and how to make different nail polish colors out of eyeshadow. ( You grind up the eyeshadow and mix it with clear polish). That worked pretty well but I don't have a lot of eyeshadow so I looked for an even more thrifty way to go about it.

What you need:
Clear nail polish
Paint chips in your prefered color (get them at a paint store, walmart, hardware store. they're free)
A mixing tool

I chose Paris Green for Laura Ashley's collection at Lowes
 
 
It's really simple, easy as 1, 2 ,3.
 
1. Drop nail polish onto your paint chip. It's likely you'll need anywhere from 2-5 paint chips.
 


2. Mix your clear polish into your paint. I used a dotting tool. I recommend you using anything that isn't a brush because the brush doesn't mix everything as well.

 
 
3. Paint your nails.  The consistency will be thicker than regular nail polish, so be warned. It also takes a little practice to work with because now the consistency is more like acrylic paint.

my nail before I cleaned it up
 
Aterward: Clean your brush with dish soap and water. Regular nail polish remover won't work because of the paint from the chip. Then clean up your new manicure and follow with a top coat for best results.
 
I've had my manicure for about 4 days and it still looks good as new. Did you try it? What were your results?


No comments:

Post a Comment