Saturday, March 23, 2013

Too Soon

I knew that one day I'd know the intense feels of your favorite band breaking up. I just didn't know it would be so soon in my life. It's such an incredible shock to see My Chemical Romance go.
It feels like just yesterday I got my grubby adolescent hands on a copy of Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. literally, it's the sound track of my young adult life. To my ears, those songs were a means of support and eventually a light in the pitch black tunnel that helped me make it through the worst of the worst. I know I'm not the only one who felt this effect. There's no way to measure what they've done for people all over the world.
All of their albums are so incredibly unique in sound and concept. While death was a constant theme for them it was never portrayed in a way that they repeated or recycled. It was always new. Their elaborate costumes and incredible ideas really showed the world that rock and roll is not finished. My Chemical Romance breathed hope into the music industry.
My Chemical Romance is dead. However, their music will live and so will what they've done in the hearts of their fans. With teary eyes, I say so long and goodnight to the most incredible band I've ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment