WHY? Why, oh why, oh why, oh why do girls feel the need to tear down other girls?
Things like this:
"I cant stand when I see girls get in relationships and just let themselves go completely. Like you're supposed to make your man look good, not walk around next to him lookin like a bum asking for change. Its great to be comfortable but come on. Put some real clothes on once in a while and for the love of God do something with that hair. Hahahaha"
It's ridiculous!
Why it pisses me off:
- What you do with your body is your business and yours alone. What the fuck does "letting yourself go" even mean? Dressing down or gaining weight is not always an indicator of giving up/not caring.
- IF A MAN WANTS TO LOOK GOOD, HE SHOULD DO IT HIMSELF!!! It is not a woman's job to be a trophy or object. Wearing clothing like sweats (which is what I'm assuming is being talked about) doesn't automatically make you look like a bum or homeless. People of all dress codes ask for change, whether it be for themselves or charity.
- Are you suggesting that not all clothing is real clothing?
- What's so funny about shitting on someone for being comfortable and being themself?
"Well its rude to look good to lure a man in and then look like an asshole every day while they're dating. A man can look good on his own but the woman on his arm should be an accessory to that. If you bought a watch that was shiny and pretty and the second you put it on all the diamonds fell out, you wouldn't like it. Ya know?"
Last time I checked, a man is a sentient being who can decide whether a relationship is working out or not. If something about a woman's appearance were really, truly bothering him, he'd probably say something or break up with her because that's what happens when things don't work out between people; they break up. I'm just going to bypass the whole "rude" thing because there are no words.
Women are not accessories. Even if a watch that I buy has all the diamonds fall out, chances are that I can replace the stupid diamonds because they are diamonds! At the very least, I just pick up the pieces that fell out and take it to a jewelry repair shop and they will put them all back in again. Is that person trying to say that a woman isn't likable if she doesn't dress up?
Positive things you can do if you think someone is down in the dumps and exhibiting this through unwillingness to give their body their best:
- Ask what's up!!! Seriously, just ask them how things are going and try to be supportive and helpful.
That's pretty much it. If your friend is refusing to divulge, be on your merry way because its not your business in the first place. Just be ready to be a good friend and be honest if they ask your opinion.
Shut up till then, 'kay?
No comments:
Post a Comment