Monday, September 8, 2014

Spooky and Cute Room Decor

Since I moved, I have my own bedroom, walk-in closet and have a bathroom almost COMPLETELY to myself! It's heaven. Go ahead

Entering week 3 of living in my new space, I've finally started decorating. I've come up with a spooky-cute theme I like to call Black Sugar. There's going to be a lot of skulls, black, spider webs, and Victorian-esque style often found in gothic decor but there's also going to be softer, sweeter things like pastels, hearts and glitter.

I had to go with the pastels because my room is currently a minty green and there is to be absolutely no painting for a while yet.
Why is life so unfair?

Me being the big DIY fan that I am, I constantly peruse youtube for projects. I'm subscribed to SecretLifeofABioNerd and she recently posted a video I just had to try.



But I can't paint! Instead, I McGyvered up a stencil of a broken heart on a 2 x 2 inch piece of cardboard and painstakingly drew lots of them and filled them with sharpie. With about half of my wall done, I've used 22 hearts.

To make my wall more gothically-inclined, I made broken hearts and turned them all black.


After drafting all the points on my wall according to the instructions, I placed each heart on individually to create a look that is just as chic without the worrying permanence. I'm really, really happy with the result so far and can't wait to finish!




No comments:

Post a Comment